My Eurotrip!!!

It all started with a quick meet  in India with my darling roommate from college when she came to visit me from Ireland. She wasn't her chirpy and happy self and I saw the sadness in her eyes. When we started chatting, I realized I always wanted to go and visit her in Ireland and this might be a good idea to plan a trip and stay with her, visit places around Ireland and make her feel good. Instead the idea turned into trip planning chatter when we decided to go see the castles in Transylvania. Considering that option we said, why not go inter-railing across mid and eastern Europe. Start with the city of love and end with the city of sins.
Here we were cheering and drinking to our friendship and around 3 weeks later both our eyes were glued to the sky-scanner website to start the ticket booking process.
By Jan 28th our tickets were booked for Paris and I was fiddling around the options of he travel companies who will eventually "help" me out with my Visa(Oh and that is another story which I might not cover here). So I get my Schengen Visa by end of Feb and start shopping for the not so cold weather in Paris. This is when I hear about the crazy snow blizzard which hit France and other parts of Europe and the temperature was going down. That did not shake me and I was determined to be cold ready. So, I bought these beautiful pair of red snow proof shoes from Woodland and I was quite content. I shopped a bit more and finally packed everything in once orange suitcase and got ready for the trip. 
It was a 15 day trip and we planned more or less every day ourselves (I give her the credit more than me). Some things went according to the plan and some did not.
On 15th of March, we both landed in Paris and contacted each other and met in the Gare Du Nord (the northern railway station of Paris). After grabbing our coffee and tea we stepped out in the drizzle. The first impression of Europe was fresh clean air with a fairy-tale like buildings everywhere. Beautiful and romantic Paris. We walked to our air BNB and were mesmerized by the white decor.. beautiful house and our room was a cozy one with heater n cozy comfortors. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

jab kalam humare sath thi

my 25th birthday

"Change"